GuideOne Insurance Sr. Property Adjuster - Work from Home in Illinois, United States
GuideOne is a community for good. We exist to help our members achieve their goal of making the world a better place. Our Claims department is critical to our success, because this department has contact with members who are under stress from having suffered a crisis. We offer reassurance, sympathy and expert guidance as we help them recover, alleviating much of their worry. We serve as a real partner to our members by efficiently, quickly processing claims so they can resume their life’s work without unnecessary delay.
Our Claims department welcomes people who are optimistic, enjoy helping others in times of need and are compassionate about making positive change in the world.
The Sr. Property Adjuster position will be responsible for investigating, evaluating and settling first party Commercial Lines General Property and E&S claims that are more complex in nature. This will include; interviewing all appropriate parties to determine claim eligibility, evaluating property damages, making coverage recommendations and total claim value determinations, negotiating claim settlements. In addition, this position may be responsible for directing and supervising the work of field examiners or independent adjusters, and other experts. Responsible for maintaining the appropriate state license(s) as required by state regulations. May assist with coaching and mentoring to lower level adjusters in claims handling.
The incumbent will generally have reserve and settlement authority up to $100,000. The incumbent will handle claims ranging from moderately complex claims to large E&S claims. Supervisor direction will be required for losses that exceed their judgment authority level.
This position will work out of their home office and require limited supervision. This individual must be licensed or certified as per state requirements. They must be Familiar with complex claims concepts, practices, and procedures and rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish complex goals. Curiosity, creativity and latitude is required.
As the Sr. Property Adjuster, you will be performing the following:
· Investigate coverage, cause of loss on more complicated claims, which includes but is not limited to policy review, interviewing all parties associated with the loss and gathering and analyzing all necessary investigative documentation.
· Direct independent adjusters, appraisers, experts and coverage/defense counsel
· Maintain strong client focus by aggressively and proactively researching issues, providing support and assuring client satisfaction in a timely fashion.
· Set and maintain accurate and timely indemnity reserves.
· Provide accurate assessments and negotiate fair and efficient claims resolutions while managing costs. Settle losses according to the documented damage, the language of the policy of insurance, pertinent regulatory and statutory considerations and within granted authority.
· Prepare written communication, including but not limited to settlement letters, disclaimers of coverage and reservation of rights letters.
· Be comfortable interacting directly with Insureds, Brokers, Public Adjusters and Attorneys
· Maintain effective claim file documentation and diary system. Monitor diary to achieve timely development of file and timely disposition of the claims.
· Recognizes and pursues recovery opportunities and prepares submissions to SIU when indicated.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelors degree preferred
· 5 or more years in the handling of Property Claims
· Knowledge of commercial property policies coverage and endorsements, industry trends and severity
· Familiarity with Xactimate software a plus
· Excess and Surplus lines experience desired
Other Credentials and Job Requirements:
· State licensing or certification where required.
· Basic computer skills including Microsoft applications Word, Excel, Outlook and the Internet.
· Perform work related simple and advanced mathematical problems and calculations.
· Compose written correspondence and factual reports which are well-organized and concise, utilizing proper English, grammar, punctuation and spelling.
· Demonstrates the ability to use commonly-used claims concepts, practices and procedures.
· Convey clear, concise information to others, using verbal or other appropriate communication techniques.
· Complete formal training plan and assignments as required.
· Follow safe practices in all work activities to avoid injuries and accidents.
· Strong communication and analytical skills are required.
· Negotiate skillfully in difficult situations.
· Strong organizational and time management skills.
· Formulate sound expense, indemnity, and business judgment while supporting loss evaluations and presenting them effectively.
· Ability to take responsibility and work independently in a home based environment.
GuideOne Insurance was founded upon two key philosophies that endure to this day: a commitment to social responsibility, and a dedication to serving customers in select niche markets.
At GuideOne Insurance, we believe that our people are our greatest asset. We encourage our employees to work towards common goals and succeed together. GuideOne is a recognized expert in providing Commercial Lines insurance and financial services to:
· Churches and Houses of Worship
· Small Businesses
· Educational Institutes
· Non-Profit Organizations
· Programs Business
· Specialty Lines of Business
Rich Benefits Package:
· 401K includes a match up to 7% at 100%.
· Generous time off program including; personal, holiday, and volunteer paid time off.
· Flexible work schedules.
· Wellness incentives.
· Free Basic Life and AD&D.
· Free short-term and long-term disability.
· Educational assistance program.
· 3 different medical plans options to meet individual needs, including dental and vision.
· Company sponsored community volunteer opportunities.
No immigration sponsorship is offered for this position
This Company Participates in E-Verify
Background Check Required