Fresenius Medical Care North America Sr ER Accommodations Mgr (REMOTE) in Irving, Texas
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Responsible for the compliance, effectiveness, and documentation of the full cycle ADAA and/or other statutorily required accommodation processes including request review, engaging in the interactive dialogue, assessing accommodation options and communicating determinations to employees and managers. Will partner with Legal, Risk Management, and other HR Partners as necessary. Additionally, the Sr. Employee Relations Accommodation Manager will provide Employee Relations support, as business needs require; in areas such as providing guidance, support, advice to workforce regarding policy and procedure questions, issues, and concerns.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensures compliance with regulatory requirements including but not limited to, Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and American Disabilities Act as Amended (ADAAA) to ensure the uniform and equitable treatment of employees including reviewing and advising on requests for accommodations.
· Perform case management and coordinate the accommodation process for full cycle case management, including working with the employee, operation leadership, HR/TA partner(s), vendors, work location, and other stakeholders.
· Provide support and guidance related to short term and long-term accommodations for employees at work or returning to work for medically necessary accommodations, including review and equitable evaluation of leaves of absence as an accommodation request.
· Assess risk, provide guidance and alternatives, and partner with ER and Legal team on complex issues as appropriate.
· Conduct and document the interactive dialogue as required to make determinations and communicate decisions to employees and managers
· Monitor temporary accommodation effectiveness, timelines and follow up for modification needs, extension, or completion.
· Act as liaison between our third-party Leave Management Office, HRIS, Payroll, Workers Compensation and Benefits teams as required.
· Develop, update, and maintain letters and forms which document the states of the accommodation process including requests for additional information, determinations, alternatives, and instructions.
· Inputs all documentation and records in case management system.
· Maintains current knowledge of applicable laws, company benefits, policies, and procedures.
SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Utilizes knowledge and expertise in the employee relations and human resources field to investigate, address, and resolve human resource issues and problems including but not limited to personnel management, policy and procedure interpretation and implementation, benefits, and interpersonal issues all within the established priority-based response times.
• Provides guidance to managers on employee relations matters, which may include development of appropriate performance management documentation, referral to resources, and guidance on policies. Work to resolve matters and escalates as needed within the ER team.
• May act as an intermediary between employees and managers to increase communication and understanding when a problem exists.
• Maintains accurate and timely records in the case management system.
• Assists with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
• Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
· The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· No Direct Reports
· Bachelor’s Degree desired, preferably in Human Resource Management, or equivalent directly related work experience
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
• 5+ years’ related experience
• SHRM Certification (SHRM-SCP, SHRM-CP) is desirable, but not required.
• Demonstrated knowledge of employment law with the ability to apply this knowledge.
• Strong knowledge of HR principles, practices, methods, and techniques for providing workforce advisory and support.
• Experience in employee relations with a focus on accommodation management and/or leave management preferred
• Experience in conflict resolution and problem intervention skills.
• Ability to interact and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization both orally and in writing.
• Strong organizational skills, initiative, attention to detail and adaptability to change.
• Ability to apply sound judgment and decision making through complex cases.
• Ability to produce accurate work with attention to detail.
• Experience with PeopleSoft, Workday, and/or Case Management systems is desired