Qualcomm 2021 IRO - SW Engineer for Extended Reality (Virtual Reality) in Shanghai, China
Engineering Group, Engineering Group > Software Engineering
Participate in the research of artificial intelligence and machine learning algorithm,
Develop solutions to improve the inference efficiency on Qualcomm snapdragon neural network platform
Improve the prediction accuracy of machine learning. Deliver assigned tasks on schedule with high quality.
Develop and optimize Android Multimedia SW on Qualcomm platforms at Audio/Video/Camera/Display/Virtual Reality
Develop new Multimedia features on Qualcomm platforms
Develops, creates, and modifies general computer applications software or specialized utility programs. Analyzes user needs and develops software solutions. Designs software or customizes software for client use with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency. May analyze and design databases within an application area, working individually or coordinating database development as part of a team. Modifies existing software to correct errors, allow it to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance. Analyzes user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints. Confers with systems analysts, engineers, programmers and others to design system and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces. Stores, retrieves, and manipulates data for analysis of system capabilities and requirements. Designs, develops, and modifies software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design. The responsibilities of this role include:
• Working under close supervision.
• Taking responsibility for own work and making decisions with limited impact; Impact of decisions is readily apparent; errors made typically only impact timeline (i.e., require additional time to correct).
• Using verbal and written communication skills to convey basic, routine factual information about day-to-day activities to others who are fully knowledgeable in the subject area.
• Completing most tasks with multiple steps which can be performed in various orders; some planning and prioritization must occur to complete the tasks effectively; mistakes may result in some rework.
• Exercising some creativity to troubleshoot technical problems or deal with novel circumstances.
• Using deductive problem solving to solve moderately complex problems; most problems have defined processes of diagnosis/detection; some limited data analysis may be required. The responsibilities of this role do not include:
• Financial accountability (e.g., does not involve budgeting responsibility).
• Influence over key organizational decisions.
• Role in strategic planning.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
• Communicates issues with team lead and peers.
• Adapts to changes and setbacks in order to meet deadlines.
• Communicates with project lead to provide status and information about impending obstacles.
• Collaborates with others inside project team to accomplish project objectives.
• Gathers, integrates, and interprets information specific to a module or sub-block of code from a variety of sources in order to troubleshoot issues and find solutions.
• Collaborates with individuals within domain to complete the team's work.
• Stays focused and deals with setbacks in a timely manner.
• Seeks out learning opportunities to increase own knowledge and skill.
• Completes assigned coding tasks to specifications on time without significant errors or bugs.
• Resolves straightforward software issues and bugs within a reasonable amount of time.
• Actively seeks answers for new challenges.
• Prioritizes project deadlines and deliverables with close supervision.
• Is receptive to others' suggestions about ways in which a problem can be addressed differently.
• Escalates technical issues to an appropriate party (e.g., project lead, colleagues).
• Networks with colleagues within domain to gain insight, ideas, and connections.
- Job Description1. Participate in the research of artificial intelligence and machine learning algorithm,2. Develop solutions to improve the inference efficiency on Qualcomm snapdragon neural network platform3. Improve the prediction accuracy of machine learning. Deliver assigned tasks on schedule with high quality.4. Develop and optimize Android Multimedia SWon Qualcomm platforms at Audio/Video/Camera/Display/Virtual Reality5. Develop new Multimediafeatures on Qualcomm platformsSkills1. Proficient in at least one ofC, C++/Python programming languages is a must2. Good knowledge of computer architecture, multi process/thread programing, operating system, data structures and basic algorithms3. Strong embedded programming experience under multiprocessor environment with Linux/Androidis a plus4. Knowledge and experienceof developing commercialized software or research at one of below area:• Familiar with Speech Signal Processing(Noise suppression, Echo cancellation, Voice Recognition ,target sound detection,etc.)• Familiar with Audio/Video decoders&encoders(MP3/AAC/eAAC/WMA/H264/H265/AVI, etc)• Familiar with V4L2, image sensor, ISP, image tuning• Familiar with Image processing and computer vision algorithms: Optical Flow, Depth From stereo, and Feature Point Extraction etc.• Knowledge on position tracking algorithms, SLAM related algorithms, andImage Processing/Computer Vision algorithms• Experience onMachine Learning algorithms/skills， Tensorflow/Caffe and other Machine Leaning framework5. Ability to learn quickly and work independently within a multidisciplinary, and fast paced organization.6. Excellent communication, written and verbal English skills.
• Frequently transports between offices, buildings, and campuses up to ½ mile.
• Frequently transports and installs equipment up to 5 lbs.
• Performs required tasks at various heights (e.g., standing or sitting).
• Monitors and utilizes computers and test equipment for more than 6 hours a day.
• Continuous communication which includes the comprehension of information with colleagues, customers, and vendors both in person and remotely."
Bachelors - Computer Science, Bachelors - Engineering, Bachelors - Information Systems
1+ years experience with Programming Language such as C, C++, Java, Python, etc.
1+ years experience with Database Management Software. ,1+ years experience with API. ,1+ years experience working in a large matrixed organization.
Mathematical Methods, Object-Oriented Programming (OOP), Scientific Analysis, Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), Software Solutions
All Qualcomm employees are expected to actively support diversity on their teams, and in the Company.
Applicants : If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm’s toll-free number found here (https://qualcomm.service-now.com/hrpublic?id=hr_public_article_view&sysparm_article=KB0039028) for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities to be able participate in the hiring process. Qualcomm is also committed to making our workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities. Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies : Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
If you would like more information about this role, please contact Qualcomm Careers (http://www.qualcomm.com/contact/corporate) .
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.
Equal Employment Opportunity: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
"EEO is the Law" Poster Supplement : https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency NonDiscrimination Provision: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Employee Polygraph Protection Act: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/WHD/legacy/files/eppac.pdf
Family Medical Leave Act: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/WHD/legacy/files/fmlaen.pdf
Rights of Pregnant Employees: https://www.dfeh.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/32/2020/12/Your-Rights-and-Obligations-as-a-Pregnant-Employee_ENG.pdf
Discrimination and Harassment: https://www.dfeh.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/32/2020/10/Workplace-Discrimination-Poster_ENG.pdf
California Family Rights Act: https://www.dfeh.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/32/2020/12/CFRA-and-Pregnancy-Leave_ENG.pdf